Shopping Cart Details
Shopping cart info
Each item in the inventory can be a
single item. i.e. Computer Monitor $150.00 or it may have options
associate with it i.e. + $15.00 for larger size screen and optionally
offer such things as color option with or without additional charges.
Thumb nail images may be displayed
in the "catalog list" with links to full page displays contain
more information about the product.
Inventory database is searchable on
one or more fields (i.e. description, category) with a keyword search.
Store pages may be customized with
The following enhancements are currently being developed
for the shopping cart system:
- PayPal interface to allow you to link to your PayPal
account directly from the shipping cart
- On line invoicing allowing to optionally generate a
invoice at the time the shopping cart is processed. You will optionally
be able to email a copy of the invoice to your customer and track order
- Max Number of items to be returned from a search.
If the search results exceed this number, user is notified and requested
to narrow the search.
- Order form fields may be declared "required"
eliminating missing data.
- The system can calculate shipping cost, discounts
and sales tax and the order in which they are calculated is configurable.
- Shipping charges can be calculated using multiple
shippers with different percentages depending on quantity ordered.
- Sales tax can be calculated on a local state level.
i.e. if you must charge sales tax in a particular state, anyone who
enters that state is charged a sales tax.
- The system may be configured to send the order to
an email address when it is placed.
- The system may be configured to record the order
in an order file that may be downloaded to a order processing system.
- You can configure where the customer will go when
they hit the "add this item to my cart" submit button. If
this variable is set to "yes", the customer will be sent
to the cart display page where they can see the current contents of
their cart (including the new item). If you set this equal to "no",
the client will be sent back to whatever product page display they
were just at with a note at the top of the page reminding the user
that the item had been added to the cart.
- You can define whether or not the client should
be specifically told that the items they just ordered were added to
the cart. If it is set to "yes" they will be told and if
it is set to "no" they won't.
- You can define whether or not the admin receives
an email whenever an error occurs. If this is set to "yes"
the admin will receive email whenever an error occurs in the processing
of the script. If it is set to "no", the admin will receive
nothing but is free to review the error logs.
- You can define whether or not errors are sent to
the error log file.
- You can configure the system to email any error
messages that are generated by the system.
- You can define the money symbol to be using in the
system ($, Lire, etc.)
- You can indicate how long old carts are kept in
the system. You want to leave carts in the directory long enough for
the clients to finish shopping, but not so long that your available
disk usage get too large.